Club Related Leadership Opportunities
Below are opportunities for leadership and skills development designed specifically to support registered clubs at Rice University. If you have additional questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
participation and positional leadership opportunities. For more information related to specific clubs visit clubs.rice.edu
- President's Networking Event- This fall Student Activities is sponsoring the second annual kick-off event for club presidents. Each club president will be invited to a networking event to meet other presidents and to provide feedback on campus issues.
- Clubs Coffee Talk- As part of the Student Activities Leadership Development series and in an effort to better support the clubs at Rice, Student Activities is sponsoring a Club Coffee Talk programs this fall. There will be eight programs that correspond with our various genres of clubs. The dates for each Coffee Talk are listed below (all Coffee Talk Events will be in Minor Lounge of the RMC, coffee and cookies will be provided). All Club Officers are invited to attend. Please RSVP so that we know how much coffee and cookies to order and mark your calendars!
- 9/16 @ 3:30pm: Religious/Spiritual Clubs
- 10/7 @ 3:30pm: Social Clubs
- 10/21 @ 3:30pm: Service Clubs
- 10/28 @ 3:30pm: Political Clubs
- 11/4 @ 3:30pm: Special Interest Clubs
- 11/11 @ 3:30pm: Cultural International Clubs
- 11/16 @ 3:30pm Academic Honorary Clubs
- 11/18 @ 3:30pm Recreational/Sport
- Club Specific Leadership Development- If
your club would like to pursue leadership development opportunities for your
organization and its members, please contact email@example.com. Examples of programs that have been
done in the past:
- Leadership Basics
- Officer mentality, are you ready for leadership?
- We also have done 1-1’s with officers who are:
- Planning retreats
- Struggling with particular internal issues
- Having retention problems