Lunch and Leads!
These leadership programs are short 40 minute programs on a particular leadership topic, designed to give you a short and sweet introduction and skill building experience. Most programs are held in the RMC and pizza will be provided on a first come, first served basis while supplies last. Send suggestions to email@example.com for Lunch and Leads you might be interested in.
Upcoming Lunch and Lead Dates:
Wednesday, January 23rd, 12:10 pm in Meyer Conference Room, Student Center
• Rice Resources (Philippa Angelides, Student Activities)
Tuesday, January 29th, 12:10 pm in Meyer Conference Room, Student Center
• Delegation (Kate Abad, Student Activities)
Tuesday, February 5th, 12:10 pm in Meyer Conference Room, Student Center
• Event Planning (Julie Neisler, Student Center)
Wednesday, February 13th, 12:10 pm in Meyer Conference Room, Student Center
• Transitions (Kate Abad, Student Activities)
Tuesday, February 19, 12:10 pm in Meyer Confrence Room, Student Center
• Conflict Resolution (Kate Abad, Student Activities)
Tentative Lunch and Lead Dates:
- Monday, February 18th, 12 pm in Meyer Conference Room, RMC
- Wednesday, March 6th, 12 pm in Meyer Conference Room, RMC
- Tuesday, March 12th, 12 pm in Meyer Conference Room, RMC
- Tuesday, March 19th, 12 pm in 2nd Floor Conference Room, RMC
- Thursday, March 21st, 12 pm in Meyer Conference Room, RMC
- Wednesday, March 27th, 12 pm in Meyer Conference Room, RMC
- Wednesday, April 3rd, 12pm in Meyer Conference Room, RMC
- Tuesday, April 9th, 12pm in Meyer Conference Room, RMC
- Thursday, April 11, 12pm in the Meyer Conference Room, RMC
Leadership Summit: March 28-29
The Leadership Summit is geared towards campus-wide student leaders to network with fellow student leaders and maximize your organization's potential. If you are interested in running or applying to be either the president/manager or second in command position of a club, organization, or College please note that retreat will take place off campus from March 28-29, 2013. Invited groups are blanket tax organizations, advised student groups, college presidents, chief justices, and SA/GSA. Planned programming includes low ropes, high ropes, leadership development sessions, opportunities to meet and collaborate with other student groups, informal networking and planning periods, and more.
College President Information Sessions
Are you interested in running for President at your College? There will be information sessions held in January with the current college presidents to give insight on different aspects of the position and they will be available to answer any questions.
Information Session Dates:
- Wednesday, January 16th, 6-8pm, KWG 100
- Thursday, January 17th, 12-1pm, Farnsworth
Student Activities President's Programming (SAPP) Fund supports your organization in sponsoring great events and activities that benefit the campus and community. The Student Activities Fund and the President's Programming Fund were combined to create the Student Activities Presidents Programming (SAPP) Fund. The goal of combining the two funds was to stream line the application process, making it easier for students to apply for and receive funds.
The funding deadlines are below and the application for funds can be accessed on the Student Activities site under Club Resources and Forms. The committee does not fund retroactive requests, so get your application in early to allow for planning.
- Wednesday, January 16, 11:59 pm
- Wednesday, January 30, 11:59 pm
- Wednesday, February 13, 11:59 pm
- Wednesday, March 6, 11:59 pm
- Wednesday, March 20, 11:59 pm (tentative)
For more resources and information on event planning at Rice please visit the Student Activities website.
Reserving Classrooms on Campus
Reservations for rooms on campus should be made through the Student Activities Room Request Form. Room reservation forms should be completed at least one week in advance. The reservation will be confirmed through the requesting student's email address.
Reserving Student Center Rooms
Registered clubs wishing to reserve space in the Student Center should go to the online Student Center Room Reservation Form. All registered clubs are now required to have a user ID and password to reserve space in the Student Center. Groups that have not previously requested space should go directly to the reservation form above to apply for a password If you have forgotten your password email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: All Rice University facilities and scheduling of events therein are governed by the Policies for Using University Facilities and Scheduling Campus Events (see the Student Handbook online).
Note: If alcohol will be served at the event, it must be indicated on the reservation form, and the Alcohol Policy procedures must be followed. Refer to the section on Events with Alcohol.
Back to top
We are trying to bring you up to date information in a format that fits your lifestyle. Find us on Facebook, bookmark our website, follow our blog, and read our Tweets! Keep in touch so you have current information.